Friday 11 January 2013

Dame Judi Dench: Skyfall Oscar omission 'a pity' (BBC NEWS)



Dame Judi, who plays spy chief M, told BBC Radio 4 it was a "great pity" the movie did not feature in the best film, director or acting categories.

"I'm very, very sorry that nothing has been recognised," she told Eddie Mair.

"That's a great pity. I thought Sam Mendes directed it absolutely beautifully. It was a terrific film.

Skyfall featured five times in the 2013 nominations list, announced in Los Angeles on Thursday.

But most of the nods were for the film's production, including cinematography, sound editing and sound mixing.

The film also scooped a nomination for its theme song, sung by Adele, which went to number two in the UK singles chart in October.

Asked by the PM programme if she thought there was a bias against Bond movies when it came to awards, Dame Judi said she "hoped not".

"There may be. I don't know. I hope not. I just think that all round it was really wonderfully directed and presented and filmed and lit and shot," she said.

"But I've got a Bafta nomination and that's terrific.

"I think it's good luck if you get an Oscar nomination and bad luck if you don't."

READ MORE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20976116

No comments:

Post a Comment